Community Association Law
General Counsel & Litigation
Roseman Law, APC, is a full service law firm with substantial legal knowledge and experience representing common interest developments – homeowners associations (condominiums, senior and age-restricted communities, planned developments, high rise, mixed use developments, master associations, sub-associations, and stock cooperatives) and property management companies in real estate and business matters to guide communities through their complex legal challenges.
Roseman Law, APC, has an entire department dedicated to legal representation of common interest developments in both transactional and litigation matters. Although the members of the board of directors of a homeowners association are volunteers, the board members are governed by many of the same laws that govern for-profit corporations. In addition, there is a maze of laws unique to homeowners associations.
We understand the importance of developing a well-maintained and well run community. Roseman Law, APC offers prompt, experienced, responsive advice and we never lose sight of the best interest of the community as a whole.
Roseman Law, APC represents community associations in matters pertaining to:
- Creating and Amending Governing Documents, including Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, By-Laws, Rules and Regulations and Policies and Procedures
- Interpreting and Enforcing Governing Documents, including Architectural Compliance
- Prosecuting/Defending Temporary Restraining Orders, Preliminary and Permanent Injunctions
- Negotiating and Drafting Management, Construction, Project Management, Employment, Maintenance, Loan/Financing (including Legal Opinion Letters), Cell Phone Site Agreements, On-Site Filming Agreements and related Contracts
- Resolving Voting and Election Controversies
- Board of Director Compliance and Fiduciary Duties and Obligations
- Construction/Design Defect and Land Subsidence Disputes
- Insurance Bad Faith Disputes
- Negotiating and Adjusting Insurance Claims, including Earthquake, Fire, Water, etc.
Our lawyers regularly deliver seminars to individuals and companies, including management companies and homeowners associations on various legal related issues and topics. It would be our pleasure to construct a custom designed program to fit your particular needs.
Roseman Law, APC and its employees and staff are active members of the two prominent trade organizations in the industry – the Community Association Institute (CAI) and the California Association of Community Managers (CACM),and play significant leadership roles in education, legislative action and other committees within those organizations.
We also provide ongoing legal updates and blogs relating to topics relevant and crucial to the industry. Please sign up for our newsletter updates or “like” us on Facebook.